Pokémon GO Plus is a nifty accessory that enhances the experience of playing the popular mobile game Pokémon GO. However, like any electronic device, there might come a time when you need to reset it for various reasons.
Whether it’s due to connectivity issues or simply wanting to start afresh, this guide will walk you through resetting your Pokémon GO Plus step by step.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Unleash the Power of Resetting Pokemon GO Plus
Pokemon GO Plus is a wearable accessory that enhances your Pokemon experience by allowing you to catch Pokemon and collect items with just a press of a button. However, like any technology, it can encounter glitches or connectivity problems.
Resetting the Pokemon GO Plus can resolve these issues and get you back to your exciting Pokemon journey. This guide covers the entire spectrum of resetting, troubleshooting, and optimizing your Pokemon GO Plus device.
Why Reset Pokémon GO Plus?
You might need to reset your Pokémon GO Plus for several reasons. These include:
- Connectivity Problems: A reset might solve the issue if your device isn’t connecting properly to your smartphone.
- Syncing Errors: Sometimes, the device may not sync correctly with the app, leading to inaccurate data.
- Inconsistent Performance: If the device’s performance becomes erratic, a reset can help bring it back to normal.
- Changing Devices: When switching to a new phone, reset and re-pair the Pokémon GO Plus.
Before You Begin
Before you start the resetting process, make sure you have the following:
- Your Pokémon GO Plus device.
- A fully charged battery in the device.
- The Pokémon GO app is installed and updated on your smartphone.
How to Reset Pokémon GO Plus
Back-Up Your Settings
Before you proceed with the reset, it’s a good idea to back up your current settings. This can be done by following these steps:
- Open the Pokémon GO app on your smartphone.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Locate the Pokémon GO Plus section.
- Take screenshots or note down your current settings.
Remove Pokémon GO Plus from the App
- In the Pokémon GO app, go to Settings.
- Select the Pokémon GO Plus option.
- Tap on the eject icon next to your device’s name.
Factory Reset Pokémon GO Plus
- Locate the button on your Pokémon GO Plus device.
- Press and hold the button for approximately 5 seconds.
- The device will flash blue, indicating that it’s been reset.
Reconnect Pokémon GO Plus
- In the Pokémon GO app, navigate to the Settings.
- Choose the Pokémon GO Plus option.
- Press the button on your Pokémon GO Plus device. It should appear in the available devices list.
- Tap on the device’s name to pair it with your phone.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Encountering problems even after resetting? Here are solutions to some common issues:
If your Pokemon GO Plus isn’t connecting to your phone, try these steps:
- Restart both the app and the device.
- Ensure your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on.
- Make sure the device isn’t connected to any other Bluetooth accessories.
If the button on your Pokemon GO Plus isn’t responding, follow these steps:
- Reset the device, as mentioned earlier.
- Clean the button and the device’s surface from any dirt or debris.
- Check the battery level; a low battery can cause unresponsiveness.
If you’re not receiving consistent vibration alerts, try these solutions:
- Reset and reconnect the device.
- Check your phone’s notification settings to ensure vibration alerts are enabled.
- Replace the battery if it’s running low.
Tips to Prevent Future Resetting
To avoid frequent resetting of your Pokémon GO Plus:
- Keep the device clean and free from debris.
- Regularly check for software updates for both the app and the device.
- Replace the battery proactively to prevent unexpected power loss.
Resetting your Pokémon GO Plus can help resolve various issues and ensure a smooth gaming experience. Following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily reset and reconnect your device.
Can I reset my Pokémon GO Plus without the app?
Yes, a factory reset can be performed directly on the device by pressing and holding the button.
Will resetting the device delete my game progress?
No, your game progress is saved on the app and not on the Pokémon GO Plus.
How often should I replace the battery?
Depending on usage, you might need to replace the battery every few months.
Can I connect multiple Pokémon GO Plus devices to one phone?
Yes, you can connect multiple devices, but only one device can be active at a time.
What should I do if my device doesn’t appear during the pairing process?
Ensure your device is in pairing mode, and try restarting both your phone and the app before pairing again.